Warriston recipe of the month
A monthly recipe using produce harvested from the Warriston site. Find more in our recipe archive
April 2019—Fiona's quick, simple and yummy Rhubarb Cake
Thanks to a south side plot holder for this sweet treat.
Quick, simple and yummy Rhubarb Cake.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix eggs and sugar until light.
3. Add melted butter, vanilla and milk.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered 8 or 9 inch cake tin.
6. Spread diced rhubarb around the top of the batter and sprinkle with 2tbsp sugar.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
Recipe: Fiona Photo: NR