Welcome to Warriston allotments site guidelines
* Public paths adjoining your plot should be kept clear of long grass, overhanging obstacles, potholes and dips.
* Water taps are on from end March to end October.
* Fires are allowed on Sundays and after 6pm during the week. Perennial weeds, diseased plant material and wood can be burned on site. It is dangerous to burn plastic, carpets and other carcinogenic materials. Out of respect to those living close by, please keep smoke under reasonable control.
* Dogs should be kept on a lead and within your own plot's boundaries.
* The industrial bin at the gate is for non-biological and non-burning material only: this includes metal, plastic and glass. Do not overfill. The bin is emptied once a week in summer, less regularly in winter. Go to communal bin for more information.
* No waste of any kind should be dumped outside the bin, in the car park, near the cottage, along pathways, or in the woods.
* No plot vegetation or waste of any kind should be dumped on the communal compost heap beside the cottage.
* News and other information is displayed on the notice boards in public areas by the main gate, at the parking area on the east side and at the bottom plot path on the south side.
* Plotholders are welcome to join committee meetings. Minutes are posted on the notices boards. For more go to Warriston info.
* You can attend the next AGM in September 2018. Details TBC.
* For advice on plot care contact us.
* Contact the Federation of Edinburgh District Allotments and Gardens Association (FEDAGA) for general information and advice.
* Your plot number is detailed on the Warriston site map.
* To encourage natural predators (birds, bees, hoverflies etc) please use non-organic solutions as little as possible, or best, not at all.
* See the city allotment site rules as set out by Edinburgh City Council. This includes details on what you can grow and notices of eviction procedure if it falls into disrepair.